(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
Note: This book has been designed to mimic a used book. The marks, scuffs, and tears on the cover and pages are an intentional design element.
Stranger things have happened. . . .
When the first season of Stranger Things debuted on Netflix in the summer of 2016, the show struck a nerve with millions of viewers worldwide and received broad critical acclaim. The series has gone on to win six Emmy Awards, but its success was driven more than anything by word of mouth, resonating across generations. Viewers feel personal connections to the characters. Now fans can immerse themselves in the world—or worlds—of Hawkins, Indiana, like never before. Inside you’ll find
• original commentary and a foreword from creators Matt and Ross Duffer
• exclusive interviews with the stars of the show, including Millie Bobby Brown, Finn Wolfhard, and David Harbour
• the show’s earliest drafts, pitches to Netflix, and casting calls
• insights into the Duffers’ creative process from the entire crew—from costume and set designers to composers and visual-effects specialists
• deep dives into the cultural artifacts and references that inspired the look and feel of the show
• a map of everyday Hawkins—with clues charting the network of the Upside Down
• the Morse code disk Eleven uses, so you can decipher secret messages embedded throughout the text
• a look into the future of the series—including a sneak preview of season three!
Adding whole new layers to enrich the viewing experience, this keepsake is essential reading for anyone and everyone who loves Stranger Things.
Gina McIntyre is a veteran entertainment journalist who has covered movies, TV, and music for the Los Angeles Times, The Hollywood Reporter, and Entertainment Weekly. She is the author of Guillermo del Toro’s The Shape of Water: Creating a Fairy Tale for Troubled Times and The Art of Ready Player One. Her writing has also appeared in Rolling Stone online. She lives with her husband and daughter in Riverside, Illinois.
Matt Duffer and Ross Duffer are film and television writers, directors, and producers, as well as twin brothers. They are the creators of Stranger Things, which has won five Emmys as well as awards from the Producers Guild of America and the American Film Institute.